[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Dec 16 08:53:35 CST 2002

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 09:23:12PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> It happened - twice.  I Also owned a Golf for 30 days.  I like 'em, but
> their completely impractical for my current family situation.  I've been
> thinking, though, that a VR6 Golf would be the bull's nutts.  Rest
> assured, if the W8 engine ever makes it into a Golf, I'll be first in
> line with a pile of cash...

I think for my next car I'd like a pre 1998 Passat TDI.

The W8s are cool, but apparently VW gave up on fitting them in their old
standard sized engine compartment and enlarged the Passat.  Ergo the
engine supposedly won't fit in other VWs until VW does a significant
redesign of the engine compartment.

A post 1998 Passat would be OK also, but the 2000 and later years had
another redesign that I don't care for so much.  I hate the chrome trim
they now have.

--
Joshua D. Boyd