[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 14 20:57:45 CST 2002

Michael Schiller <schiller at agrijag.com> wrote:

> Kurt:
>
> It's a 92. My 93 also got the same mileage. This truck used to get
> around 18 mpg, but that was before I put the liftgate & box on the
> back. I don't know if the lowered mileage is due to the extra weight,
> or the new aerodynamics of the truck.

I could go into more detail, but this page actually covers a lot mods
that you can make.
http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/more_power/Power_ve.htm

Interestingly, more power typically increases fuel economy - at least in
these turbocharged diesels.  Actually, with the box on the back, you
might not be able to get more than that your current economy.  18MPG
unloaded, in mixed driving, is about average for those vehciles in stock
form, and 22MPG is on the average after mods are made.  Even with these
mods you might not break 18MPG.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."