[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Dec 12 22:23:30 CST 2002

On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 11:11 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> Sharing the sourcecode with india???? I dont get it... Just have
>> people down
>> there help fixing the windows code?
>
> Hm.  How long before a leak to someone in Taiwan,

   I give that a week.

>  at which point we have Windows knockoffs

   Even Taiwan has some pride, man. ;)

>  and incredibly potent viruses written against specific
> vulnerabilities buried in the fundamental ways Windows works?

   We've had those for years.

   Oh, you mean WORSE viruses.  Eeeeek.  Well, that'll certainly help
bury Windoze as a product.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "I'll send you adapters to go both ways."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Bill Bradford