[geeks] bizarre stuff available

Yuri K koroby398 at ifrance.com
Thu Dec 12 19:16:59 CST 2002

Hello Joshua,

Thursday, December 12, 2002, 18:25:34 (UTC), you wrote:

JDB> I suppose some consumer "hifi" VCRs might play hifi, but not record it.
JDB> That would stink.   But Hifi does use the entire tape.

         I suppose... Actually I have been doing this for the last 20
         years, and can assure you that when you actually try this,
         you will [probably] agree that 2 rotational audio heads is
         more than you need to put any hi-fi to shame. Except for
         laser LP players, of course. Superb dynamic range, jitter is
         <=.005 and I don't think you will discern any difference
         between DDD and VHS copy even at half-speed. As I said before
         at SP it's over a factor of 100 in speed compared to a
         casette deck. It's a very good interim media when you are in
         a hurry, don't have a real studio and still need to work with
         material later. [at the very least]
         Any S-VHS VCR > $400 has additional dubbing features on top of
         that. I preferred  JVCs for the last decade+.

         Anybody backed up their computers on a video camera? Not
         necessarily VHS, Hi-8 is fine.

--
Best regards,
 Yuri