[geeks] Ideas

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Dec 11 08:58:37 CST 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:51:25AM -0500, vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> > > I am going to try my hand at building a silent computer.  I'm taking
> > > ideas.  I need floating-point, and ethernet or PCI, and I'd like to have
> > > built-in sound, and a serial console.  The system will not have a floppy,
> > > CD-ROM, or HDD, and I was thinking of putting it in a 1U rackmount box.
> I'd actually prefer not a PC, as they don't have serial console support,
> and can't netboot.  Plus they suck.

There's plenty of ARM boards which don't require turbo-nutter-ninja cooling.
whether they support a console and net booting, I don't know.

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

    [OS X] appeals to me as a monk, a user, a compiler-of-apps, a
    sometime coder, and an easily amused primate with a penchant
    for those that are pretty, colorful, and make nice noises.
        -- Dan Birchall, in The Monastery