[geeks] Ideas

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 08:07:34 CST 2002

There are the cube boxes that are tiny cubes, with minimal fans, etc.
They tend to have a good compliment of options (sound, video, ethernet,
etc.) see
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=S451-3025

Oh my, dual PCI, ethernet, firewire, USB... could be nice! Takes a P4
in 478 pin package & DDR RAM.

Enjoy!

Lionel

--- vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> I am going to try my hand at building a silent computer.  I'm taking
> ideas.  I need floating-point, and ethernet or PCI, and I'd like to
> have built-in sound, and a serial console.  The system will not have
> floppy, CD-ROM, or HDD, and I was thinking of putting it in a 1U
> rackmount box.

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com