[geeks] bizarre stuff available

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Dec 10 16:30:37 CST 2002

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 05:21 PM, James wrote:
>>   Hey folks.
>>
>>   Would anyone here be interested in purchasing a collection of some
>> 4000 45rpm records, containing mostly country music?
>>
>>   (no, these weren't mine..I don't like either kind of music, country
>> OR western.)
>
> The more I think about this the more I like it. What would it take to
> rescue these disks?

   It's not really a rescue, it's a sale...this is a very large
collection that my now-deceased uncle built up over most of his life
starting around the time of WW II.  Lots of "firsts" (first pressing of
Kenny Rogers' first record, etc) and several of those metal disks used
to press records.  They're mostly 45s, but there are some 33s and 78s.
I speak of them with disdain because I despise country music, I didn't
like my uncle all that much either, and I'm paying through the nose for
the storage unit (climate controlled) that they're sitting in.

   That said, my mom will take about anything she can get for them, and
will deliver them pretty much anywhere if someone pays the delivery
expenses.  They'll fit in the bed of a standard F-150 pickup.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "Why would a brothel need
St. Petersburg, FL            a streaming media server?"        -Kevin