[geeks] NetBSD SMP

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Dec 5 23:05:58 CST 2002

On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 11:53 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2002/10/01/0007.html
>
> Multiprocessor support on i386 is now in NetBSD-Current.  Hopefully it
> will soon appear for other platforms also.

   James Sharp and I booted NetBSD/i386 in SMP mode almost two years
ago.  It was stable enough to build kernels and stuff...as a matter of
fact I don't think we ever got it to crash.  It's about time they
merged it into the trunk.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "Why would a brothel need
St. Petersburg, FL            a streaming media server?"        -Kevin