[geeks] FS: Sun D1000 drive array

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Dec 1 23:34:02 CST 2002

I was looking at trading this to a listmember for a PC, but it looks now
like I need money more than I need another computer..

So, I've got a Sun D1000 drive array with drives for sale.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/D1000/D1000.html

Standard 8-slot D1000 (will take 1.6" or 1" drives).  Has three good 1.6"
18G drives and one good 9G 1" drive installed, and one bad 1.6" 18G and
one bad 1" 36G drive installed (basically the bad drives are included for
the brackets; you can re-use them on other SCA drives).

Dual power supplies, etc, are in good condition; set of 68-pin diff. SCSI
cables and terminator are included for connection to a host.  I've got the
rackmount kit as well.  Unit is 7" tall, 19" wide, and 17.6" deep; weighs
about 45-50 lbs with drives installed.

This is the array that used to be hooked up to ohno.mrbill.net/sunhelp.org
before I switched to an Ultra5 with a big IDE drive.  Will work with any
system that has differential SCSI - its just an external JBOD.  We had one
hooked up to a SGI Challenge at my last job without a problem..

Make an offer; nothing reasonable offer refused (I just need to turn
this into money to live on for the next week or so before my severance
check gets here..)

Bill

--
bill bradford