[geeks] Carley Fiorina

Yuri K koroby398 at ifrance.com
Sun Dec 1 19:39:44 CST 2002

Hello Dave,

Monday, December 2, 2002, 1:06:42 (UTC), you wrote:

DM> On Sunday, December 1, 2002, at 07:40 PM, Yuri K wrote:
>> Sunday, December 1, 2002, 21:23:14 (UTC), you wrote:
>>
>> JDB> Alright.  A lot of people here don't seem to like her.
>>
>> JDB> Can anyone make a specific (preferably refering to one or more
>> citable
>> JDB> sources) arguement for why she sucks, other than because she
>> canceled
>> JDB> the toy we like?
>>
>>     Did not she successfully sink Lucent before she moved on?

DM>    Lucent is still in business.

DM>    Not for any lack of trying on her part, though.

 Yes, SUN and Apple are also still in business...Shares are worthless
 for those who invested in the long run though. Especially if you take
 into account the inflation that allegedly is a non-factor as per Mr.
 Bubble better known as Alan Greenspan.

 If you take a holistic approach to a given Co and take into account
 interests of shareholders and customers you will sometimes in
 isolated cases see that only suits somehow managed to gain. It
 doesn't make a difference whether they are named Fiorina, Bezos, Jobs
 or any other. In this regard, Mr. Gates comes out as a real
 breadwinner. Strange... All those techies who tried to explain me why
 Yahoo is capped higher than Nissan Motors are wrong. Techies and
 non-trading pros are the best contrarian indicators even on floor
 runner level.

 Again, try holistic approach. look up "dividents" in a good trusty
 dictionary and you may understand why Mr.Buffet stays away from any
 tech "gem" as far as possible. Aside from slogans on new fantastic
 future and money-... err.. paper-free society most tech companies
 leverage their initial and short living advantages to screw customers
 and shareholders alike, i.e. they don't care about either. this is
 is the ultimate recipe for success. Even North American Olympic games
 are a fare game compared to that.

--
Best regards,
 Yuri

''Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as
you please.'' - Mark Twain