[geeks] Carley Fiorina

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Dec 1 15:43:52 CST 2002

On Sunday, December 1, 2002, at 04:23 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I'm supposed to use her as an example in a paper on defining and
> illustrating leadership, and while I don't like what she's been
> threatening to do to cool machines, I'm having a hard time backing up
> why it is bad leadership.

   I say it's bad leadership because those cool machines are what set
the company apart (well, the computer-related part of it) from the rest
of the PeeCee clone manufacturers.  Look at every other company which
has tried to dump their quality hardware and get into the PeeCee
busines...the majority of them have failed.

   So...she's looked at what other suits have done that have caused
their companies to fail, and she's doing the same thing in her company.
  That, in my opinion, constitutes bad leadership.  What it does to the
products that knowledgeable people like is really immaterial.

          -Dave