[geeks] Web tablets for "blowout" prices? (link)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 30 13:31:46 CDT 2002

Hello all, first post here, hope I'm not too far off-topic... (is that
possible?)

Anyway, I saw on www.techbargains.com that mira2go.com is selling out
of their current stock of web tablets with the following (brief) specs:

400 MHz Carusoe CPU
Linux OS (Win98 an option, $100 more) (X Windows supported)
128 Meg RAM (appears to be max., but as a thin client, not so bad)
5.6 Gig HD (slim IDE, presumed easily swappable ;^)
802.11b card included/supported (yeah!)
10.4" 1024x768 TfT display
handwriting/on-screen keyboard
est. 5 hr. battery life (with ext. battery)
Less than 4 pounds (close to 3.5 pounds, IIRC)

Price is:
$599 base (64 Meg RAM, std. battery, and Linux OS)
$649 mid-level (64 Meg RAM, ext. battey, and Linux OS)
$699 top model (128 Meg RAM, ext. battery, adn Linux OS)
For $100 more, you can add Win98 to the top model.

Warranty support is until 2003 (90+ days?)

I've ordered one "kit" (top model, plus cradle, keyboard,etc.) - looks
nice... Better for night time surfing than Dell Inspiron 15" UXGA ;^)

Lionel

=====
Lionel

http://finance.yahoo.com