[geeks] Re: [rescue] miss me?

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Tue Aug 27 22:10:40 CDT 2002

On 27 Aug 2002 19:27:43 -0500
Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:

> Thanks!  Know of any good sites that have more info about speaker
> design, or can you reccomend any books?
>
> 	-Dan Sikorski

I have a book aout 10 yrs old, I think radio shack sold it at one point,
called _Designing,_Building_and_Testing_Your_Own_Speaker_System_ by
David B. Weems.  Pretty basic, but has enough math in it to figure out
what you need to know.  Has a bunch of speaker plans, all built with
Radio Shack components that are probably worth not using, and even has a
basic program to do the math for you :-)

It doesn't do concealed woofer bandpass boxes, but the math is there if
you want to extrapolate.

Other than that I have picked up a bunch of stuff on the web, there are
people out there that take this stuff more seriously than I take
anything, they even build in woofer chambers when they pour the concrete
for their houses.

I contemplated a concealed woofer dual chamber ported box to put behind
the drivers seat in my fiero, even drew the plans, but never built it
before I got rid of the car.  I dare you to figure out how to put two 8
inch woofers concealed in a box with a maximum external depth of 6
inches, along with 4 separate compartments with associated duct work.
(and not block the back window)  The primary reason I never got around
to it was I was convinced it could never sound good :-)

and I am posting to geeks, but not reading it.

Tim