[geeks] RE: [rescue] miss me?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Aug 26 17:37:14 CDT 2002

Fogg, James wrote:
> ~ I did do 110 on rt128 in MA at 4:00pm once - for about 2
> ~ miles.  Scary,
> ~ fun, exciting, terrifying - all in one.
>

> WHAT!! Like when? When it was first built? Sorry, but I grew up on that road
> (Wakefield). You'd be lucky to do 60 for 2 miles at 4pm. I did 120 on that
> road only once and it was like 3am on a holiday. If you did 110 at 4pm we'd
> read about it in USA Today because you'd kill large numbers of people.

Up near Waltham, I came off of the Totten Pond Rd on-ramp onto 128S and
immediately hit construction, and an accident.  Traffic was parked, but
I was able to froce my way around the accident on the right shoulder,
quickly swerve to the left to avoid the construction, and nailed the
throttle.  Almost nobody on the road, they were all stopped north of the
accident waiting to be allowed to go.  I reached 120, and the speed
limiter, in my Taurus for about 2 miles before I had to slow down for
more construction.

It's a little less amazing (and more believable) when you have all the
details :-)

Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com