[geeks] Re: [rescue] miss me?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Aug 25 16:43:11 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> I think folded horns have been the only major innovation in the past 30
> some years.  Otherwise, it has mainly been experimenting with materials,
> and reductions in cost, to my understanding, but see a previous message
> where I say my knowledge of what is actually available is severely
> limited.  Some people would argue that there has been no major
> innovation since the 1930s, but I'm certainly not that extreme.

Moving to geeks...

Until today I was using a Radio Shack special, single 8" woofer and 2" tweeter,
bookshelf speakers that I bought in 1990.  Not bad by 1990 standards I guess,
but over time they degraded due to abuse and poor design.  The sounds never was
incredible, but it got me by.

Now, today, I'm fresh from Best Buy with a set of Sony SS-MF600H floor standing
speakers.  Dual 8" woofer, 3.25" mid, 1" tweeter.  Lets just say that my ears
have been opened.  I now longer need to use the dynamic base feedback on my
reciever to get full sound.  The bass and treble knobs stay at "0".  Now the
mid and tweeter at at ear level as I'm sitting down watching TV.  I probably
would have enjoyed LOTR:FOTR with these, more than I did with my old speakers.
Hmmm...next weekend.  Tonight, I watch Office Space on DVD!!

What did I need to do to get these, you ask?  I had to buy Karin a Lexmark X75
printer/scanner/copier/faxer thing.  Not that I'm going to be complaining, mind
you.

Jeez, between Williams Sonoma, Best Buy, and eBay - I spent waaaaay too much
money this weekend...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster