[geeks] Just when you thought MS license was evil incarnate

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sun Aug 18 10:13:58 CDT 2002

> http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/02/08/12/020812opgripe.xml
>
> We now have licenses for books. Including but not limited to, " the
> "licensee" was nonetheless prohibited from disclosing any of the
> information in the book to third parties."
>
> Welcome to America, check your brain at the door.
>
> - Rob

Oh crap.  Does that mean when I go back to the classroom this
September, my students cannot take a city-wide final becasue it violates the
license?  (Just kidding)   I can see photocopy machines having special
chips installed to scramble any copy of any part of a book.  Ah,
what-the-hell, kids don't read today anyway.    Bob