[geeks] New Macs

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Aug 13 11:37:52 CDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:40:29AM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> So they look pretty impressive.
>
> http://www.apple.com/powermac/
>
> Dual 867 for $1699, ddr, 133MHz FSB
>
> Or Dual 1.25 for $5k.

So, what machines are you guys using?  Between price drops for Macs, and
price drops for Maya, that is looking like a pretty compelling desktop
platform.   If only I had a spare 6 grand.  Long term, I think a career
writing plugins for some such application seems pretty nice (either
independently, or for a animation or effects company), and Maya, SI, or
Max seem the best place to work out of (although for sanity-sake, I'd go
with either SI or Maya on non-intel if I'm the one paying for the
setup).

--
Joshua D. Boyd