[geeks] How do I play a VCD?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Aug 12 15:35:04 CDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 04:28:42PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Well the last "new" movie I bought on LD was Star Trek: Insurrection
> (the latest Trek movie).  I have a *LOT* of movies on LD, and they'll play
> forever.

Well, asuming the discs last forever, but that is irrelevent since no
one was suggesting that LDs should be dumped.  Rather, it was suggested
that in this day and age, when people can afford it, they should get a
DVD player, and buy DVDs of the movies they want when they aren't
available on LD.

Maybe LDs are still being made.  I just haven't seen a new one show up
in the local LD shop (also a video game and DVD shop, but they aren't so
great for DVDs and the modern video game industry isn't treating this
shop well) in quite some time.

--
Joshua D. Boyd