[geeks] My NEW EMAC IS D.E.A.D RIP

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Aug 12 14:44:46 CDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Kevin Lee wrote:

> Well this morning when I turned on my EMAC, there was a BRIGHT FLASH
> and an Electrical Arcing Noise.   And my NEW EMAC did not boot.
>
> There were 23 FLASH / SNAP Sounds and finally It booted.

So that's the flash/crack thing that people are talking about. :(

> 2 Hours Later My Emac is D.E.A.D

That sucks.  I like the form-factor a lot better than the iStalk, and a
cheap-o G4 would kick ass.  It's a shame that the equipment is so flaky.

> It is a made in China Piece of Crap.

Supposedly the Czech-made ones are a lot better, but I am, by no means, an
authoritive source of information on the newer Macintoshes.

> DO NOT BY AN EMAC

I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 500MHz Pismo or icebook.  The PBG4s
look sweet, but I've heard horror stories about the first-generation PBG4s
deforming due to bad case design, and I can't afford a new one from the
Apple store.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)