[geeks] Alternative Employment

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Aug 12 13:48:42 CDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 01:39:08PM -0500, Amy wrote:

> Architecture. Specifically designing homes for the way people live
> and the stuff they have as opposed to trends (like those godawful high
> fake mansard roof things that goes on these days).

Have you read A Pattern Language (ISBN 0195019199) by Christopher
Alexander?  I keep meaning to read it.  His related site
(http://www.patternlanguage.com/) is very fascinating.  But, he espouses
the same stuff about designing for the way people live.

Certain software people take him very seriously, even though he only
talks about architecture.

--
Joshua D. Boyd