[geeks] can't send keyboard input to a scsi controller

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Sat Aug 10 20:04:24 CDT 2002

[ On Thursday, August 8, 2002 at 16:46:56 (-0500), Brian Dunbar wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] can't send keyboard input to a scsi controller
>
> It's a CMD CRD-5500.

Depending on what interface cards are in it, that's a very nice RAID
controller.  I've got two, each in its own full RAID chassis, running on
my development server.  I need more cache memory for mine, and I should
upgrade the disks to 9GB units before they get too hard to find, but
other than that I'm quite happy with them.  (I also need another TRIMM
RM200 trays for my chassis, and maybe a couple of spare power supplies
for the trays too).

>  Attach the modem cable, fire up Tera Term, Vt100,
> N,8,1.  The boot up info is streaming FROM the controller to the term
> window, but when it's time to "push any key" for the main menu, diddly squat
> it's not taking input.

You must have the baud rate right if you're seeing readable output, and
you probably have the correct connections (i.e. you don't need to
exchange TxD and RxD)

cable problem?  connector problem?

Are you plugging directly into the back of the controller with some
adapter cable, or is the unit mounted in some chassis with a DB9 or DB25
connector wired to the three-pin connector that's on the back of the
controller?

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>