[geeks] bitchin' and moaning [wasRe: [rescue] U30--thanks]

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Sat Aug 10 11:01:11 CDT 2002

> > Oh well. My home lab and home network has grown into a business. So I
> > guess it can't be called a home lab anymore. :-)
>
> Seperate from your job?  What do you do?
> Joshua D. Boyd

Err right now mostly hosting, colocation and managed servers. It is a
means to build infrastructure while (hopefully) bringing in some money. Am
working on lots of projects that are original that will most likely get us
attention in the local community.

Our area is kind of weak when it comes to internet companys. There isn't a
household name for hosting and coloc server situations. However Cox is
fairly dominating. They seem the sponsor EVERYTHING. Considering they pay
low wages and make tons of money I guess it leaves them with alot of extra
money to invest in "the community".

It seems more and more that our town is owned by two media companies.

And a bunch of car dealerships.

				-- Ethan