[geeks] How can people put up with this....

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Thu Aug 8 18:59:18 CDT 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:22:24 -0400
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> My fiance had actually been thinking I might want to do the
> announcements/invitations myself.  She was surprised when I said nah,
> and that I didn't have the right equpipment, and probably not the
> right skills for doing the job right.

I got an invite from a friend on paper that they had made, it was really
pretty cool, the paper was almost translucent, and very heavy, but not
at all coarse.  IIRC they were silver foil printed.  Of course the
ceremony was a bit non-trad also, kinda like come look in our reflecting
pool and hang out in your most formal clothes, and sometime during the
afternoon we will stand up with an official type person and say some
cool stuff we made up to eachother, and there will be cheese and wine
and other bohemian pleasures.  Unfortunately I couldn't make it, I am
sure it was a very unique and memorable event, and they probably didn't
spend a huge amount of money on it, but then I also got the idea that
his girlfriends idea of a lot of money was a bit different than mine.
:-)

Tim