[geeks] How can people put up with this....

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Thu Aug 8 18:14:29 CDT 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 01:04:33PM -0500, Amy wrote:
>
> > That would be engraved invitations. They're readily available (I used
> > Crane's as they use great stuff) but terribly expensive...our
> > announcements ran about 5 dollars each.
>
> Hoo boy.  If we can't that price way down, I think we will be going a
> less nice route.  $1-$2 a piece I think we might be able to deal with,
> but then, even that might be high.

Engraved invitation prices vary on paper quality, engraving costs, and
amount of invitations/announcements ordered...consider that we only had 50
made, for instance, compared to your 200+ needed.  We could get more bang
for our buck and I wanted to do things the old-fashioned way.

Laser typography is probably where you two will end up. That's in your
price range and looks and feels similar (although the reverse pressing
isn't there on the backside) and you can choose paper at will.

--a