[geeks] Prolog for network configuration

Tom Borton tborton at usa.net
Thu Aug 8 16:42:16 CDT 2002

Here's the link to the article Joshua was refering to, I think.  He's free to
correct me, of course.
http://www.wd-mag.com/articles/2000/0004/0004c/0004c.htm?topic=articles

The gist is basically that, since the .DLL is linked independently of the
executable, there is absolutely guarantee that the .DLL gets linked against
the same library - be it static or dynamic - as any executable that might
choose to link to the .DLL.  If the application is statically linked,
fuhgetaboutit, unless the debug symbols were included so that the .DLL could
look for the right function.  If they both use the same dynamically linked
malloc, you're fine, but otherwise you're in serious trouble.