[geeks] Re: How can people put up with this...

Michael Thompson m_thompson at ids.net
Thu Aug 8 11:27:41 CDT 2002

There is a really easy solution. In Windows click, Start, Settings,
Printers, and a Printer folder will open. Right click on the printer and
select Properties. When the printer window opens click on Details. Note the
printer port number which is probably set to LPT1:. Close the printer
windows. Open a DOS window and use command "copy filename.ps lpt1:" to copy
the postscript file to the printer port.

>I went to three print shops: A Sir Speedy, and two different Kinkos.
>All three of them could read my file, and had a postscript laser
>printer, but NOT ONE OF THEM was able to send the postscript file
>to the postscript printer.
>
>Nope, windows can't do that.
>
>Gotta have an application to open it, can't just send it.
>
>------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org -------
>---------- "Anything Jesus can do, I can do better." - The Locust ----------

Michael Thompson
E-Mail: M_Thompson at IDS.net