[geeks] quite

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Aug 7 15:04:06 CDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 04:42:56PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> >  I did just give
> > ispell-message a run, and I like it.  I think I need to find a hot key
> > to assign it to for all plain text modes.
>
> If you're not already using mail-mode to edit your messages in then you
> should find a way to make that happen first, then you can just do:

Do you know of a elisp macro to put emacs in mail-mode when editing
files that begin with "mutt-", kinda like the way it knows to enter
lisp-mode for files ending in ".lisp"?

I think it might be settable through the auto-mode-alist variable, but
if so, then I'm failing to find the proper expression.

Here is what I'm trying:
(setq auto-mode-alist
         (cons '("^mutt-" . mail-mode) auto-mode-alist))

I'm assuming that the string there is supposed to be a reg-ex since
it makes sense, and all the examples I've seen follow the rules for an
emacs regex.  So, ^ is supposed to match the following expression when
it offcures at the begining of a line.

--
Joshua D. Boyd