[geeks] How can people put up with this....

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed Aug 7 21:19:38 CDT 2002

crisco_kid at shaw.ca writes:

>I think that's more a case of the user being unable to do it.  I've done
>the same thing with raw PCL - "type a:\file.pcl > lpt1:", "copy
>a:\file.pcl lpt1:", etc.  If its a network printer, there's some more
>trickery, but I hear that "copy a:\file.pcl \\server\printer" works fine.
>I can't see any reason that it wouldn't work with a PS printer, as long
>as they're not afraid of doing something in DOS...

They were network printers of course. I wasn't aware you could
use copy to send to a network printer from DOS. (Obviously no one
at the print shops was either.)

One of the people at Kinko's actually said it was because I had a
bad floppy.

Heh.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org -------
---------- "Anything Jesus can do, I can do better." - The Locust ----------