[geeks] Gaaah! Thawte!

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Wed Aug 7 07:38:13 CDT 2002

> This is what they get when they don't pay people what they are worth. They
> get fifth-string talent in there for 1/3 the money or less.

The big problem is when companies get good talent for bargain prices. It
spoils them.

> Heck, at least on SA around here (Linux / Tru64) only makes in the
> neighborhood of $35k/yr.

Sounds like where I live. Hampton Roads (Southeastern Virginia.. Norfolk,
Virginia Beach, Hampton) is the 2nd largest region in the state of
Virginia for tech employment. 14.9% I believe. Northern Virginia is
obviously #1. When it comes to wages, we rank 8th of 9 regions. Almost the
bottom.

It is mostly mil and govt contractors picking up $contracts$ and hiring
people at shit wages... pocketing the $money$ that in other regions would
be paid to the people.

				-- Ethan