[geeks] 4d/480? SGI? Anyone? OTHER STUFF FS CHEAP!@#

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Tue Aug 6 10:50:01 CDT 2002

> I think I'll dig out pics of our L180
> S.

I've been looking for a 9710 STK cheap for a while :-)

My workplace has StorakeTek raids that use the LSI hardware... but they
have a purple front with a silver thing in the middle of the door (top to
bottom). Really nice looking fronts. It looks totally cool except the LEDs
don't really show thru the grill.

My workplace also has 3 STK Powderhorns... they are ~240tb each and you
can walk inside. Pretty cool. There is a camera on the picker, and during
tours we hook it to a rear projection television. It is pretty cool.

We don't have any L180 type tape libraries. I wish we did. I think they
were looking to buy something like the 9710 and I suggested it... but I
think they speced some boring cream colored thing.

					-- Ethan