[geeks] State of IT

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Aug 6 00:10:56 CDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 03:45:52AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > KEYBOARD NOT FOUND
> > PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE
> NO ROM BASIC

or BASICA NOT FOUND.

I need a UNIX version of gwbasic. 8-)

I won a state programming competition (for any of you who have ever heard
of FBLA; kinda like a geek/business version of 4-H) by writing a complete
store inventory and cash register (think scanner) program.

In GWBASIC.

In two hours.

Without a computer.  (e.g., hand-wrote the listing, did program logic
flowcharts, and printer output charts)...

Nothing but a TI calculator, stack of pencils, pile of paper, and a
flowchart template.

Man, those were the days.

(I won state level 3 years in a row, and placed 10th/7th/3rd at national
 level those three years..)

Bill

--
bill bradford