[geeks] ISDN questions

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Aug 5 11:49:31 CDT 2002

What do people think of the idea of instead of getting a regular phone
line or two, just getting a single ISDN line for all phone use?  My
understanding is that the per minute billing charges, in most areas,
are only applied for data calls, not voice calls.  I've heard that 56k
modems operate better over ISDN (while still being considered a voice
call), and that ISDN is nicer for setting up a home PBX.

But none of that information comes from anything resembling good
sources, and I hear that asking the telco for all the details is an
excersise in futility.  But, it does sound like something worth
exploring.

--
Joshua D. Boyd