[geeks] quite

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Aug 5 11:00:16 CDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 11:57:16AM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Saturday, August 3, 2002 at 22:29:31 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: [geeks] quite
> >
> > Kinda like I remember how to check my email at work,
> > the trick is remembering to do it frequently enough that my password
> > doesn't expire without me getting the 5 days till it expires message.
>
> No, that's bogus.  The "trick" is to use a mailer that can be programmed
> to always do the check at send time and to refuse to send (by default)
> if there are errors.
>
> If you were using a mailer inside emacs, or even just using emacs to
> edit your messages, then it's as simple as invoking ispell-message at
> the right time.

I'm using mutt, which I seem to remember you disparaging in the past.
I am using emacs for editing.  I don't know how to make it invoke
ispell-message on exit when editing mail messages.  I did just give
ispell-message a run, and I like it.  I think I need to find a hot key
to assign it to for all plain text modes.

--
Joshua D. Boyd