[geeks] Group think

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Mon Aug 5 09:03:36 CDT 2002

	Alright here is a situation that still bothers me years later and I
want to ask the list a question about it.

	The situation: I am making hamburger helper for dinner. I have
cooked the beef and I am now adding the ingredients and the water. I get the
measuring cup out of the cabinet and measure 4 cups of tap water. In the
process nothing else goes in the measuring cup but tap water. After I am
done I go to put the cup back in the cabinet. My wife at the time, now my ex
and this may be why, says that I can't do that. The cup must now be washed.
I explain that only water went in it so it does not need to be washed. She
says it does, I say fine have it your way, but I am real curious about what
you plan to wash the cup with if water makes it dirty. She leaves the room.

	My Ex-wife is a very artsy/people kind of person. I am a very
technical person. I have a suspicion that this argument resulted because of
our different brain orientations. So the question to the list is:

	Would you have washed the measuring cup before putting it back in
the cabinet or not?

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org