[geeks] Tough

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Aug 4 00:34:36 CDT 2002

I know there are other muscisians here.

Is it just me, or is it A) a pain in the but to read sheet music (I
really wish I'd worked harder at this when I was a child taking piano
lessons because it only is getting harder on guitar), and B) annoying
trying to figure out a song that uses the chords G, A#, and F#, while
simultaneously using the notes D A E E# C# in the melody.  Nothing is
sounding like an accidental. None of the keys I'm familiar with would
use those chords without one of them being an accidental.  I think
this sounds author is playing by a completely different set of rules
than I'm used to.  I think I'll go to bed and tackle the song again
later.  It's not that I'm trying to just learn to play the song
exactly like the writers, but rather I'm trying to get some new styles
of stuff to use when playing.  And really understanding it, rather
than just playing a song or two is what works best for me.

--
Joshua D. Boyd