[geeks] Proper tools

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Aug 3 18:34:39 CDT 2002

> How do these people here expect me to work without proper tools?

At my last two jobs, I had to provide my own computing power and training
and reference materials, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do my job
(or would've been very slow at it).

> To that end, I just did an unauthorized install on xmaxima on this
> win2k machine.  We'll see what the fallout is.  I really don't care at
> the moment since I have better things to do that to solve matrix
> equations by hand.

Can't oleo or octave do that?

> As a side note, is today the inter-nation net cleaning day?

But I thought the Internet only worked on Thursdays.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)