[geeks] iBook questions...

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Thu Aug 1 17:03:59 CDT 2002

Well, about to take my first leap into a newer Mac and I've settled on
one of the older iBooks since I only have a grand to spend on this (mad
money from the sale of my grandmother's property) and I want a portable.

There's one local that is going for $650.00 but I'm hesitating.

Here's the specs:

Graphite
366Mhz
96Meg
6gig
CD
56k/10bt LAN
9.02 restore disk
Yo-Yo power adapter
limited local warranty.

My questions are this:

1) Is there any way to put a DVD in these?

2) If I upgrade the RAM how will this handle 10.2 or LinuxPPC?

3) Can the video RAM be upgraded on these?  (I think it has 4meg.)

At $650 I have some upgrade room to play with so I'm wondering if it's
worth it.

(Googling for my own answers as we speak but finding a lot about _new_
iBooks more than old.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Hebel