[geeks] ug ... Help!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Aug 1 12:54:52 CDT 2002

On August 1, Michael A. Turner wrote:
> 	I get it up and running an cannot read the disks in windows 2000, so
> I boot by a dos disk to look at them that way and cannot make heads or tails
> of them. Only then do I find out that these disks MAY have been written
> using SCO unix.
> 	Here is the questions. I have a disaembled box sitting here with
> redhat 7.1 on it. I can get the drive physically in it quick enough. Once I
> do will I be able to : A. Mount the drive and does that go the same way it
> usually does? and B: read the file system on the disk and does anyone know
> what that may be?

  I don't recall what filesystem SCO uses.  You can bet, though, that
it's nothing either Winblows or Linux can read.  You might want to see
if you can find a copy of SCO.  I think Linc runs some SCO boxes at
work and might be able to get them read.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                     "...it's all pants, all the time."
St. Petersburg, FL                                   -Joshua Boyd