[geeks] Woah!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Aug 1 10:44:15 CDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 12:36:57PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On August 1, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Really?  I have never actually seen it in use on anything newer that a
> > PowerMac 8100, even though it stands to reason that they wouldn't just
> > drop it.  I don't actually use anything newer than 8.1 currently,
> > though someone is supposed to be getting me a copy of 8.6 one of these days.
>
>   I know several people who use it, actually.

It can trigger AppleEvents can't it?  I wonder if squeak on a mac can
reply to AppleEvents...

Previously I'd been thinking of doing (meaning thinking about what it
would look like if I ever actually found the time to do so) the setup
in Hypercard on a Mac.  Using Squeak is appealing though for several
reasons.  One is it can store all the data in a database on a seperate
database server, facilitating easier web management of the database.
Another reason is I keep looking out for a project that would be
perfect for doing in squeak so that I really learn how to work in it
better than I have with the occasional fiddling.

--
Joshua D. Boyd