[geeks] On "doing" JD Edwards

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Thu Aug 1 11:26:41 CDT 2002

All,

I've been offered a job on our Enterprise Resource Planning team -
designing, installing and supporting our JD Edwards install.  This is billed
as a step up, and it sure beats the alternative, which is NOT working when
my job is eliminated (last day is tomorrow).

The head cheese describes it as "systems administration just like you're
doing now".*  We're implementing it in Oracle, on a large farm of Solaris
servers, and that, aside from knowing that the team is composed of true
geeky types and straight shooters, is all I know.

Any quickie docs, links, FAQs, how-to's for rassling with something like
this?  I've never been exposed to Oracle, my last dealings with databases
was with dBase III.  What am I getting myself into, aside from gainful
employment?

Thx,

Brian Dunbar
System Administrator
PCB DG - Plexus
(972) 381 8777 x210

* He should know, a long time ago, in a far off land, he had a job "just
like mine" at a competitor.