[geeks] Woah!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Aug 1 10:10:49 CDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 11:07:31AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 10:26:07AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Squeak has a built in voice synthesiser.  I wonder if there has been
> > anywork done on simple speach recognition (ala what was done on the
> > Quadra AVs and early PowerMacs, as opposed to full fledged things like
> > Via Voice or Dragon Dictate)...
>
> Uhm, that stuff is still in OS9 and OS X.

Really?  I have never actually seen it in use on anything newer that a
PowerMac 8100, even though it stands to reason that they wouldn't just
drop it.  I don't actually use anything newer than 8.1 currently,
though someone is supposed to be getting me a copy of 8.6 one of these days.

--
Joshua D. Boyd