[geeks] This looks rather funny...

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Thu Apr 25 02:39:33 CDT 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

> > Strange. Very strange.
> > My Netscape tries for about 5 minutes, then pukes at me with the "no
> > data" message, and it stops. Zero, ziltch, absolutely nothing.
>
> Ah.  You have to just let it run; maybe your Netscape is timing out..

Seems like Netscape decides to skip the whole page if it's timing out.
It shouldn't do that but sometimes it seems it does.
Exploder seems to begin to display the page until it times out, cutting
somewhere in the middle.

> > I'm behind a NAT'ed firewall, but that SHOULDN'T make a difference, or
> > does it?
>
> Same here, no difference because I'm behind NAT.  How fast is your
> connection?

2 Mbit (E1 connection), on the other side of the pond.

> I'll kick up the allowed bandwidth (mod_bandwidth) and see if that
> helps..

Could be, I don't know. That mod_gzip helped alot.

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB