[geeks] lawn mowing efficiency

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Apr 21 23:16:06 CDT 2002

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> You must not live in a town where you get FINED if your grass is higher
> than 8" or so.  After one particularly bad week of rain + sun + rain, I got
> a letter from the city saying "mow your lawn, or we'll mow it and fine you"..

Indeed, I do not. We have no "front yard" to speak of -- just rocks and
trees for fifty feet. There is a patch of grass alongside the house, and
behind the house, but that's about it.

We're dug in here behind the trees, and like it that way. I dare say that
we are the most northern-like of our neighbors -- you do what you want on
your property and we'll do as we like as well. Now if I could keep the
damn dog out of the road....