[geeks] just for you guys....

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 14 06:23:43 CDT 2002

> Now, You may be able to laugh at a "fat chick" web page (for example).
> What about an 8-year-old boy?  What kind of impression will that make
> on him?  Or worse, what if is viewed by a teenage girl who is already
> overweight, and it pushes her into depression or worse?

i am not a teenage girl, nor an 8-year old boy. are you? is amy? bill?

> Having said that, I cannot say "Don't do it", as I believe in free
> speech.  Period.  However, dismissing the content of a web site just
> because it is "mere electrons on a disk" is to ignore the power of a
> very far-reaching media.

yet you do not believe in free thought. you do not believe that i can
look at that page and laugh at it and still not be turned into some
misogynist.

bleh, whatever, i am just done with this thread. its an utter waste of
time.

alex