[geeks] Forte C

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Apr 10 13:28:56 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> I had a Sun guy once tell me not to do the OEM support thing.  He said
> that he'd seen machines where the extra OEM stuff (which wasn't needed)
> actually caused problems on machines.
>
> Of course, the next time I saw him (2 1/2 years later) at the local
> hamfest, he didn't look employed.  Hell, he looked like he lived in
> a box.

(Notice I made my comments "unofficial".)  I've been arguing this back and
forth for years, there seems to be an even split.  I know Bill and I
disagree, and both of us are experienced admins.

However, I doubt the "OEM installe" would screw up a system - that stuff
is tested on a massive scale.

-Pete