[geeks] Let's not get the age thing going again

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Apr 9 14:12:32 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, April 9, 2002 at 08:53:46 (-0700), Fogg, James wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [geeks] Let's not get the age thing going again (was:Re[2]:   [ geeks] Found: Ti99/4a!)
>
> I don't think I'm the greybeard here, but I was born in '62. My first
> computer access was with a TI acoustically coupled printing terminal calling
> a DG Nova. I think I was 10.

Hah, almost exactly the same as me!  I used a TI Silent 700 using those
thermal paper rolls (I think I still have some of the hardcopy!), though
in my case the connection was to a Sol-20 system running North Star
BASIC (and later North Star's 8080 port of UCSD Pascal).  That wasn't
until I was about 15 though....  :-)  I wrote one of my longer grade 11
essay assignments on it using the Electric Pencil II word processor
(directly on the 16x64 video display).

--
								Greg A. Woods