[geeks] GRRR. FRYS CAN BLOW ME

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 30 00:08:45 CDT 2001

Bill Bradford wrote:

> > Why doesn't Apple offer the upgrade via download?
> > People with broadband could probably FTP it pretty
> > quickly that way.
>
> Its at least 450meg.  Thats why its a CD set.

So? I recently dl'd Solaris for two platforms, and previously there were
the countless versions of various BSD's and Linuces beginning with 90M
of Slackware from wcarchive.cdrom.com in 1994 over a 14.4 modem.
Overnight. Now I can get 650M iso's in less than ten minutes. Solaris
for Intel was 4 cd's. Running concurrent downloads had them on my hard
drive and burned to cd in less than half an hour.

---sambo