[geeks] All this talk of music has me playing stuff from the '70s..

Zimmerman, Jim geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 28 11:13:29 CDT 2001

----
Jim Zimmerman K0JLZ RHCE
Staff IT Systems Engineer
Hosting Engineering
303-226-9937
jim.zimmerman at qwest.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Bradford [mailto:mrbill at mrbill.net]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 9:29 AM
To: geeks at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [geeks] All this talk of music has me playing stuff from
the '70s..

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 10:38:08AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I was at a resturant the other month where the discussion came up of
> whether it was better to leave a 10% tip in cash, or a 33% tip in really
> small change.
> Since we didn't want to undertip the waitress, we left the incredibly
> large pile ($14 worth) of change on the table.

I've been known to leave tips that were bigger than the *check* before.
Amy and I were at a restaraunt a couple of weeks ago, and I dont remember
how, but the waitress mentioned that she was having to work a double shift
and had two kids at home.  I think our check was only $15 or so, and I left
her a $10 tip.

I used to always way-overtip our favorite waitress at a local 24-hour
cafe (she always knew what we wanted to drink, always went out of her way
to say hi even if we werent in her section, etc) but she quit, so we dont

I'll always prefer a place with mediocre food and good service over
somewplace with great food and shitty service.

For those in or near Austin, Cool River Cafe is *highly* recommended.
Good prices, EXCELLENT service, and they dont look down their nose
snootily at you when you come in in jeans and a tie-dyed tshirt to
shit next to froofy SUV-driving yuppies.
^^^^

I hope you didn't really mean that!

www.coolrivercafe.com.

Bill