[geeks] All this talk of music has me playing stuff from the '70s..

Will Mc Donald geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 27 17:17:16 CDT 2001

From: <koyote at koyote.cx>

> >Oh man... kids these days. No pop cultural history at all.
> >We've got kids fresh out of college at my office who have
> >never seen Repo Man, THX-1138, Sleeper and a host of other
> >important films. It kills me. And it's not like I'm that
> >much older than them (I'm only 31)
>

> huh. just like so many of us early 30's guys have never seen all those
silly 1950's and 60's beach movies that some > of our parents bother us
about. Guess we have no cultural history, either.

I have. And I'm 29. :) Beach Blanket Bingo, Muscle Beach Party etc. They're
pretty godamn awful. Amusing and even endearing for the kitsch value though.

> Hell, for that matter, I don't watch 1920's era films. Guess I'm just a
hoser, eh? :)

Unsurprisingly, I do. :) And I wouldn't say not watching old films makes you
a (h)loser, it probably implies that you have more of a life than some of
us... then again, you are on this list. ;)

Will.