[geeks] All this talk of music has me playing stuff from the '70s..j

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 26 19:41:44 CDT 2001

wmcdonald at orctel.co.uk writes:

>Repo Man the Alex Cox film? IIRC? Damn good.

Repo Man is killer, especially on repeat viewings. ("Food")

My favourite punk movie is "Suburbia" (the 1980s film about squatter
punks, not the 90s film about mall-rats). The best part: no professional
actors, only punks off the street. Very real. (Flea from the Chilli Peppers
plays a main character.)

>The Van, if you're referring to the film production of the Roddy Doyle book,
>is also damn good. As is The Commitments.

The Commitments - is that the one about the guys attempting to put together
an Irish blues band, they begin to get good then fall apart with infighting?
That's a great movie, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-- I make them out of clay and bring them to life with a blood sacrifice. --